Every year, SSC conducts this exam and lakhs of candidates, appear for this exam. It is expected that over 22,000 posts (Group B and Group C) will be available for candidates who pass the SSC CGL-2014 Exam. So, if you are a Government Job Seeker and wiling to get a Government Job in 2014, then SSC CGL Exam is all you need to prepare for
In this post, we will share everything in context of the SSC CGL Exam, 2014. In our upcoming posts, we will share the Detailed Registration Process, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Study Material and Books for SSC CGL-2014 Exam.
Before we, proceed further, Here is a Quick look at the Important points related to SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam-2104.
1) Late Date: Remember the closing Date to apply for CGL Exam is 14th Feb, So apply well before the last Date to avoid any last minute trouble.
2) There are two modes to apply for SSC CGL-2014 Exam. You can register for this, either through the Paper application, of through the Online application form.
3) The Exam Date is tentatively scheduled on 27th April and 4th May, 2014.
4) The Exact number of vacancies for various posts falling under SSC CGL Exam is not yet known and will be intimated by concerned Departments/Ministries, in due course of time
5) Through the medium of SSC CGL Exam, Govt strives for Women Empowerment and as such women candidates are encouraged to apply for this exam. There is No Registration fees for Female applicants.
SSC CGL Notification 2014
The Notification for SSC CGL Exam-2014 is out and is polished in the Employment Newspaper Dated 18th Jan, 2014.
In case, you forget to buy the Employment News Paper, you can download the Pdf version of Notification, from the Official Website of Website. We will also provide you with the Detailed Advt. through a link, that is given at the end of this post.
SSC CGL Exam 2014 : Details.
At first, we explain here what is SSC CGL Exam, and what is special about this exam
SSC CGL is India's one of the Most prestigious exams, that is taken by over 1 Million Job-Seekers, but only a few thousands get the Jobs. In our upcoming posts, we will success mantra for passing the SSC CGL-2014 Exam
1) IF you pass SSC CGL Exam-2014, you will get Jobs in Departments/Ministries falling under the Central Government of India.
2) CGL Exam is conducted once a year by SSC. The Recruitment process takes one complete year.
3) This exam is one of the best ways to get Govt Jobs for Group B and Group C posts.
List of Various Posts under SSC CGL Exam
1) TAX Assistant in CBDT anf CBEC
2) Inspector and Sub-Inspector posts in CBI
3) Assistant posts in Vigilance, Intelligence Bureau, Railways, External Affairs, and other Departments/Ministries)
4) Inspector Income Tax in CBDT.
5) Inspector in CBEC
6) Statistical Investigator
7) Auditor, Divisional Accountant, Accountant/Jr Accountant posts in CAG
8) Inspector/Sub-Inspector in Central Bureau of Narcotics
What is the Eligibility Listeria for SSC CGL 2014 Exam ?
If you are willing to apply for the above mentioned posts, then you need to appear in the SSC CGL-2014 Exam and for this, you need to meet the below mentioned eligibility conditions.
1) You must be an Indian citizen to apply for SSC CGL Exam
2) Age Limit: Age plays an important role and Govt of India, want young bloods for these posts. Below is given the Detailed Post wise age limit criteria.
Note: 1)The Cut off Date for Determining the Age Limit is 1st Jan, 2014
2) Age Relaxations as per the Rules devised by Government of India.
Educational Qualifications: Applicants must full fill the below mentioned Educational Qualifications Criteria.
1) For All Posts (Except For the Posts of Compiles and Statistical Investigator-III) : Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University in India.
2) For Compiler: A Bachelor Degree with either Maths, Statistics or Economics, as an elective subject.
3) For Statistical Investigator post: A Degree in Statistics OR A Degree in Mathematics (With Statistics as one of the Subjects) OR A Degree in Economics (With Statistics as one of the Subjects) OR A Degree in Commerce (With Statistics as one of the Subjects).
Detailed Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL Exam 2014
Selection Process and Scheme of Examination
Now, its time to know the Selection Process and Scheme and Pattern of SSC CGL-2014 Exam
1) Tier-1 Exam: All candidates who successfully submit their applications (Online/Offline) for SSC CGL Exam, will have to appear in Tier-1 Exam. The SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam is tentatively scheduled on 27th April and 4th May, 2014.
- CGL Tier-1 is a written Examination, in which 200 Questions will be asked on below mentioned sections
2) Gen.Awareness: 50 Questions (50 Marks)
3) Quantitative Aptitude: 50 Questions (50 Marks)
4) English Comprehension: 50 Questions (50 Marks)
Time: The Duration of Tier-1 Exam will be of 2 Hours
Recommended : Books for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2014
2) Tier-2 Exam: All those candidates, who pass the Tier-1 Exam, will have to appear in the CGL Tier-2 Exam. The CGL Tier-2 Exam is tentatively scheduled at 30th and 31st August, 2014.
CGL Tier-2 is also a Written Examination (Objective type), comprises of following sections
- Quantitative Abilities: 100 Questions (200 Marks)
- English Language and Comprehension: 200 Marks
3) Tier-3 Exam: This is the Last Phase of Exam that comprises of Either Interview OR Computer Proficient test OR Skill test, deepening the post for which you have applied.
Only those candidates who pass the Tier-II Exam will be called for the Tier-III Exam
Final Merit: The Final Merit is prepared by tanking into account the candidates performance (Marks) in all the three Tier's of the exam.
How to Apply ?
Applicants who meet the above mentioned eligibility conditions must apply either through Online/Offline mode before 14th Feb, 2014.
Application Fees: SSC keeps your pockets hot by not charging huge application fees. The Application fees for SSC CGL Exam is fixed at Rs 100/- only. Women candidates, Physically Handicapped candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST communities are exempted from paying any application fees.
There are two modes for Paying the application fees.
1) Offline Mode: Those who submit applications through Offline mode (Paper form) will have to pay fees through Central Recruitment Fee Stamps(CRFS) only.
2) Online Mode: Those who apply online can deposit their fees online either by using the SBI Challan form OR with SBI Online Account (Net Banking)
Mode of Application: There are two ways to apply for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam
1) Offline Mode: In offline mode, you need to submit your applications through a prescribed application form. After. After filling the form, applicants must send the application form along with application fees in the form of CRFS to the concerned regional SSC Office.
Remember: The Last Date for receipt of applications is 14th Feb, 2014.
2) Online Mode: SSC also gives the provision to submit your application through online mode. The Online Registration is now open and will continue till 14th Feb, 2013.
- Before, you apply online, you need to have your Scanned Photo and Scanned Signature with yourself at the time of online registration.
- Online Applications, can be submitted at the SSC Online Website @ www.sssonline.gov.in
In our next post, we share the Detailed process for submitting the SSC Online Applications. OR you can read the Detailed Advt and Notification for steps on applying online and submitting the applications for SSC CGL Exam-2014.