Today, UPSC had announced the Exam Dates of Special class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Exam 2012 and the Notification to this effect is published in the Leading Newspapers of the country and Employment Newspaper Date 13th October, 2012.As, per the Notification, the UPSC SCRA Exam is scheduled to be held on 20th January, 2012.It is clearly highlighted in the Advt, that Only Online Applications will be accepted and applications are required to apply Online before the last Date ie 12th Nov, 2012
In this Article, we will provide Details about the UPSC SCRA Exam (Like Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure and Process for Submitting the SCRA Online Application)
What is UPSC SCRA Exam?
If you did not frequently apply for UPSC Exam and are unaware of the SCRA Exam, then here is small Introduction for you :
SCRA is a competitive Exam, coordinated by UPSC, on the behalf of Ministry of Indian Railways (Railway Board) for the appointment of personnel in the Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. Successful candidates in this exam will undergo a 4 year Training program, before they will be inducted as Class-I Officers in Indian Railways.
Selection Process: The Selection Process shall consists of a Written Exam and Personalty Test.The Personalty Test will be conducted for only those candidates who qualify the Written Exam
Given below is the Pattern and Structure of SCRA Written Exam
Who can apply or Eligible to apply for SCRA Exam 2013 ?
It is good opportunity for all those who are looking for Government Jobs in the Central Government of India. To apply for SCRA Exam, you are required to full fill the below mentioned Eligibility criteria
Age Limit : Min: 17 years and Max: 21 years
Educational Qualifications: Applicants must have passed the 12th Class Or Equivalent with First Divisiosn or 2nd Division from a recognized Board or University in India. Another Requirement is that, applicants must have passed the 12th Class with Maths and Physics or Chemistry.
How to Apply for UPSC SCRA Exam 2013 ?
Well, if you are interested for the Exam and full fill the Eligibility Criteria, then you are required to go through the below mentioned steps and submit the Online applications before 12-11-2012
Remember: There are no Offline (Paper) applications, so you can apply only through Online mode.
Application Fees: An application fee of Rs 100, will have to paid either by Depositing the Cash in any SBI Bank Branch or through Internet Banking Facilty of SBI and its Associate Banks and also by VISA/Master, Debit/Credit Cards
Note : The is No Fee for Female Candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH Communities
How to Submit the Online Application for UPSC SCRA Exam 2012 ?
Before Submitting the Online Application, applicants must have these Documents with then
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
- A Valid Email address
- Applicants can submit the Online Application by logging on to the UPSC Online Website @ www.upsconline.nic.in
- The Online Registration is divided into two steps viz Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration
- In Part-I Registration, applicants have to fill the Basic Details Like Name, Age etc. This form can be filled easily by folksinging the On-Screen Instructions. After completion of Part-I Registration, the System will generate a Registration Number, then must be noted Down, as it is required in further stages and for Part-II Registration.
- In the Part-II Registration, applicants will have have to Enter the Fee Details Like Transaction Number (Required Only for Offline Payment) and Upload the Scanned Photograph and Signature
- After completion of Part-II Registration, the System will generate an Application form that must be Printed or Saved for Future References.
Applicants are advised to Read the Complete Notification and Detailed Advt from here before applying for the UPSC SCRA Exam